89245367_alonsofan_afp_getty

Alonso fit to race in Chinese GP

Alonso crash

Fernando Alonso has been declared fit to take part in this weekend’s Chinese Grand Prix after passing medical tests following first practice.

The McLaren driver, who broke rib in a 180mph accident in the Australian GP last month, had been given provisional clearance to race on Thursday.

And ahead of Friday’s second practice, the Spaniard was passed fit by doctors.

Governing body the FIA said Alonso had been told to “stop his car immediately in case of any abnormal symptoms”.

The FIA medical delegate Jean-Charles Piette barred Alonso from racing in the second race of the season in Bahrain two weeks ago because of his injuries.

A fan shows his support for Fernando Alonso at first practice<!–<!–[if lte IE 8]><![endif]–>

Chinese Grand Prix first practice results

Chinese Grand Prix coverage details

BBC Sports - View Original Story

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *